Job Title: Commercial Loan Documwnt Manager
Job Reporting Relationships:
Supervised by: Director of Lending Risk
Supervises: Commercial Loan Documentation Specialist
Education/Training: A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, or a related field of study preferred. In lieu of a degree, consideration will be given to individuals with a High School Diploma and a minimum of seven years of directly related commercial loan closing or related banking industry experience.
Skill(s): Above average skill-set proficiency in reading, writing, grammar, and mathematics; strong interpersonal relations, and communicative skills; above average skill level in using a personal computer and office management systems including Word, Excel and PowerPoint; visual and auditory skills; valid driver's license.
Experience: Ten years of commercial documentation or other field related experience as well as a minimum of three years of managerial experience is preferred.
The Commercial Loan Documentation Manager is responsible for the supervision, development, and retention of the Commercial Loan Documentation Specialists whose primary objective is to maintain a high quality of documentation for the bank’s commercial loan portfolio. Ensure that the document preparation, review and control functions are performed in accordance with bank policy and adhere to Federal and State compliance regulations.
1. Monitors performance of the team members and manages the workflow of the department to ensure that service levels are being met with a focus on quick turnaround, efficiency and quality.
2. Collaborate with the Bank’s credit quality division, commercial banking team, and outside commercial documentation counsel, on optimizing the production, delivery and closing of commercial loan documentation.
3. Review of loan documents to ensure that approvals granted by Credit Quality, Senior Management and/or the Board of Directors meet the stated terms as well as perfection of the bank’s collateral interests.
4. Ability to identify and resolve problems, by listening to internal and external clients, conducting research, recommending favorable alternatives, remaining flexible and negotiating desired outcomes in the best interest of the bank
5. Provide timely status updates and manages the closing calendar to balance the needs of multiple internal and external clients simultaneously.
6. Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, and to convey complex credit documentation issues
7. Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently, as well as motivated to collaborate in a team environment within and across all business lines to contribute to the success of the organization.
8. Highly organized, with the ability to multi-task and pay close attention to detail
9. Working knowledge of the principles of loan document and perfection of security interests
10. Develop written procedures for direct areas of responsibility for the department and ensure they remain up to date
11. Communicates and provides reports and other documents to Executive Management, special committees and other management personnel as assigned or upon request.
12. Continually monitors commercial documentation process and recommends process improvements to management.
13. Directly supervises the work (1) one or more employees assigned to support this position.
a. Participates in the selection process for new employees as appropriate.
b. Coordinates the requirements for new employees to attend orientation and training.
c. Establishes annual performance goals and development plans. Provides coaching and feedback, and reviews employee performance on a regularly scheduled basis.
d. Organizes, schedules, and distributes work among assigned personnel.
e. Maintains communication with employees informing them of pertinent policies and procedures affecting the department and/or their jobs; creates an atmosphere in which upward communication from employees is encouraged.
f. Administers personnel policies and procedures as established by bank policy
g. Abides by the current laws and organizational policies and procedures designed and implemented to promote an environment which is free of harassment and other forms of illegal discriminatory behavior in the work place.
14. Cooperates with, participates in, and supports the adherence to all internal policies, procedures, and practices in support of risk management, safety, soundness and the Bank's compliance with all regulatory requirements.
1. Performs tasks which are supportive in nature to the essential functions of the job, but which may be altered or re-designed depending upon individual circumstances.
2. Performs other responsibilities related to the commercial documentation process as required.
Operations Center, Oakland, MD
2. PC/Computer keyboard
6. Fax machine/Scanner
7. Copy machine